Sweet, sweet, George.

While my guitar gently weeps by Bob Dylan on Grooveshark

While My Guitar Gently Weeps- The Beatles covered by Bob Dylan.
I know that a lot of my Record Tuesday posts have been Beatle related… I have been listening to the Beatles a lot lately. Maybe it is the fact that I am currently obsessed with Beatles rock band. I think I go through phases where I rediscover musicians and listen to them constantly for a while until I rediscover another. 
So, because neither Sound Cloud or Groove Shark have full versions of George singing it, I chose to share the Dylan version; because out of all the covers I have listened to, Bob's was the next best to Georgey. 
I cannot promise to stop sharing my love of the Beatles… but who’s complaining? Right?!
So today is the 10 year anniversary of Georgies death after a long battle with cancer. He was my fourth favorite Beatle, but that doesn’t mean I don’t absolutely love him. I’ve got my reasons…. & they may not be all accurate. 
This song is one of my all time faves. Actually a lot of my Beatles faves were written by George. 
Please enjoy the work of George the poetic genus. 
Happy Record Tuesday!
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment