Record Tuesday: sounds from the road.

As I have mentioned several times before... this past week I have been on the move so I pretty much missed Record Tuesday... sorry. Once I realized that I forgot about it I started thinking about what to post today. I intended on posting a song about going home, or being home (because I am now home!) but nothing came to mind. Then I thought about all of the music I listened to on my journey, and decided that's where it's at.

We drove through Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and finally Texas. Most of the time we were in the middle of nowhere on little roads that curved with the terrain. It was amazing to watch how the earth changed by the miles. I listened to a lot of Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, and the Beatles. The Beatles was for my dad (and me). But when my dad was sleeping and I was driving, I put my headphones in and listened to the mellow stuff.

So here's a few songs that I couldn't stop listening to on the drive.


Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver on Grooveshark
Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver


Blue Ridge Mountains by Fleet Foxes on Grooveshark
Blue Ridge Mountains by Fleet Foxes










And for when I got sleepy.

Amsterdam by Peter Bjorn and John on Grooveshark
Amsterdam by Peter Bjorn and John











Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment