One Weekend Several Weeks Ago.

Another extremely late post…. I know… Excuses excuses. I’m slacking off. But I really loved this weekend. It was one of the funnest in a while. The following is from roughly three weeks ago….
image

image


Besides the fact that I have been feeling like death every morning when I wake up, I did have a great weekend. The feverish feelings came and went, but the fun stayed. It twas a strange weekend for me. Normally whatever the heck is raging inside me that causes my throat to hurt, nose to itch, eyes to water, body to weaken, and head to ache would keep me from my weekend activities. But it didn’t. Courtney, Ben, and I tagged along with another YSA wards weekend activities. We went out to Willard Bay to spend the day swimming, boating, lounging, sand castle building, canoeing, and mucho more. It was so beautiful there. In the morning the water looked hazy, and calm as it spread out beneath mountains. As the day moved on the calm lake was disturbed by boats and people.
image

I was surprised I even got into the water. The sun was hidden by clouds which kept the nice assurance of the sunshine off my back. The water was brisk. In Texas I have a hard time getting into lake and river water, because lets face it, they are always really cold. I never thought I’d get in the water in Utah, but thankfully I did. At one point we got to ride in a boat out to the middle of the lake and swim. I have never swam in the middle of a lake before. I am always freaked out by unknown depths. I always fear that I will be eaten alive by gators or a monster similar to the Loch Nest Monster. Surprisingly I wasn’t afraid. Probably because I was baffled by the beauty of the mountains. As we played in the water I couldn’t help being reminded of the beach back home, although it was so different. The wakes from the boat made me feel as if I was being tossed back and forth by the waves of the ocean. It made me miss home. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to experience the unfamiliar, to step out of my comfort zone, and embrace the world. As much as I miss my family, and the beach, and my Texas I know this is where I am supposed to be.
image

image

See that sandcastle right there?! You do? Well isn’t it awesome!? It is. That is the sand castle that Ben, Courtney, Justina, and I built. OK so It was mostly Ben and I, but we let Courtney and Justina help with the finishing details. The little hut in the middle is of my creation. I consider myself an expert sand castle builder. Being from the coast I have built many of sand castles in my day. Back home I have my own set of sand castle building tools. Now, when you look at this little hut you might notice that it is not extremely detailed and stuff. Well the sand is just not the right sand. The grains of sand are not as fine as on the Texas coast… Yeah so I am not very humble when it comes to sand castle building…
Probably because our team won the sand castle building contest!!! WE WON! Our prize was a small little trophy cup (Justina pointed out that it looks like the little horcrux cup in the last Harry Potter movie), and a $5 gift card to Cafe Rio!
When we finally got home from the lake we were all exhausted. I took a short nap. I couldn’t sleep long because I had all these ideas running rampant through my head. When I got up I did absolutely nothing about them. But we did go to the drive in and see Captain America & Harry Potter. Both very good movies. We had a wonderful time.
image

Wishing it was still the weekend…
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment