Grateful Sunday: Education

(The lighting of the "Y" on the mountain at BYU)
School has always been just a thing that I do because "I have to". The summer has always came and went and then school began. I always woke up that morning of the first day of school, got dressed, and grabbed my new backpack full of new school supplies and headed to school. Sometimes I was excited, sometimes I felt quite the opposite. My entire life has run on this schedule, but not until recently have I come to appreciate it. I am grateful for education and the many people who spend their lives teaching and serving students. I am grateful for my family and the importance they give to educating myself. I am grateful for the support they offer in helping me through these times in my life. Aren't we so lucky to have the opportunity to learn so many different things? Aren't we lucky to have the opportunity to mold ourselves into the people we want to become?
As stressful and exhausting as school can be, I can't help but be grateful that I have this time in my life to learn, grow, and achieve. Education shouldn't be taken for granted. So many people live their lives without even the opportunity, and so many others have the opportunity but don't take it. Tomorrow is being built today by the capable hands of our generation. Without education, tomorrow would be nothing.

I know that I haven't done a Grateful Sunday post in a while... I've been a little preoccupied with everything in my life, but I have so much to be grateful for.

Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment