Today I am grateful for the little things.

One of my new years resolutions was to be better at recognizing the blessings in my life. It is so easy to recognize the bigger blessings, but I have noticed that I have often forgotten the little ones. I relate this to the little jar on my shelf that I put my tip money in. I have been putting a little bit of change to a couple dollars into that jar each day since the beginning of the summer. It has been so exciting to watch this little jar be filled to the brim. It has gotten to the point where I need to find a bigger jar. At then end of the summer when I empty out that jar and count up all the money, I will know that it came from my hard work. Essentially what I am trying to get at, is that every penny counts. Every blessing counts. The little things count.

A few of the little things that I have recognized:
-> communication
-> music
-> laughter
-> safety
-> smiles
-> books
-> Christian Bale
-> kittens at play
-> hobbies
-> talents
-> my body
-> Revlon lip butter
-> tv show quotes
-> inside jokes
-> blogging
-> knick knacks
-> cake
-> air
-> time
-> health
-> friendship
-> happiness in simplicity

When I have those days where nothing seems to go right, remembering the little things helps me to realize that, as bad as it may seem, I still have a lot to be thankful for.

Carli

3 comments:

  1. Focusing on the little things makes it easy to find reasons to be happy! I'm excited to hear how much the change adds up to be at the end of the summer!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award which is for upcoming bloggers with less than two hundred followers! You can check out the info on my blog if you're interested :
    http://kimberleysquests.blogspot.ca/2012/07/the-liebster-award.html

    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) Remembering to revel in the joy of the little things can be so difficult, but it always makes such a difference! Do you ever post pictures that you've taken with your Holga? I'd love to see them!! Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures with my holga! Thank you for reminding me! I got it for christmas and took a bunch of pictures with it then got on a flight with it and the x-rays ruined all my film. so I am in the process of finishing a new roll of film... i need to get on that. I will post some very very soon.

      Delete