DIY: Olympic/Patriotic Brooch

The Olympics started today! I am so excited to watch the opening ceremonies with my friends tonight. My Canadian friend Ashely has been watching it and she keeps giving me little hints. She said that Voldemort makes an appearance. I am not sure if thats some sort of joke, or if it is for real... I guess i'll have to wait to find out! 

I am a big fan of crafting/dressing for awesome things (Christmas, 4th of July, the Olympics, Halloween, etc.) Since I am completely overzealous about the good ole USA, I thought I would show my patriotism today. Basically I want Team USA to win all of the gold medals. All of them. Since my heart is so full of love for my country I decided to make an American flag brooch to wear today. You can make one too!
You will need: Small wooden heart, red white and blue paint, small paint brush, glue gun, brooch pin, good music.
 The entire process is very simple. I made a bunch of these for my friends and it took me a couple hours just because you have to wait for the paint to dry before the next step.
I found this shirt at Goodwill yesterday and immediately knew when to wear it. Nothing is more patriotic than red white and blue stripes. Nothing. 

Go Team USA!

Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment