Topaz Everywhere.

This past weekend was very eventful. I felt like I was constantly on the go. Im glad that it is Sunday and I can relax.
One of the many adventures I embarked on this weekend was Topaz Mountain. We drove about three and a half hours south to get there. Courtney and I were wondering why we were driving three and a half hours to a mountain for a picnic when there is a billion mountains right next door. Ben’s response was “Topaz Mt. has a bunch of rocks that you can break open and find Topaz! Hence the name.” I then became increasingly excited. Topaz everywhere?! I was planning what to do with my fortune…
We get there.
image

Not exactly what I had expected. The mountain looks like a dead man… Where’s the Topaz? We were told told that we had to climb the mountain to find the treasure.
And so we did…
image

image

image

That climb was hard… First of all, I was wearing these rinky dink pair of sneakers that had absolutely no traction, and second, we were basically climbing on loose gravel. We stopped for a break ever 10 feet.
image

As we climbed we attempted to break large rocks, that we were hoping had topaz inside them, by throwing the rocks down the side of the mountain. Probably not the safest method… After what seemed like a long climb we realized that the fortune we thought we were going to be taking home wasn’t going to be taken home… Apparently all the Topaz is hidden away in the top of the mountain and we were in no shape to climb up there to get it. Especially with those sneakers I was wearing.
But I did find some really interesting rocks.
image

image

image

image

Once we realized we weren’t going to find topaz we sat down. Courtney got thirsty and started the climb back down. 
image

Not at all looking forward to the climb back down…I decided to stay a while. I sat there and looked out over the valley. Thats when I realized that as great as it would have been to find at least a little baby piece of topaz, just having the opportunity to sit there and see only a little sliver of the worlds beauty was the real gem.
image

I had an over whelming feeling of being so small, yet so important.
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment