A Recovery Story: Chapter One

I am fulfilling a new years resolution by posting this. YES! 
One of my many hobbies is clothing revivals. I don’t get to do it as much as I want to… Sewing is not really one of my strong points… Things that would take an experienced sewer an hour take me like quadruple that… sewing and ripping and sewing again… and then ripping like fifteen more times. It is soothingly stressful. More stressful then soothing. I like to be creative with clothing. It feels amazing to wear something that you have created! but revivals are sooo very stressful for me. But I love it. These are the reasons why I don’t do it that often…
I do have a little secret… I tend to buy clothes from thrift stores that I want to revive (I do this a lot….) and throw them in a box in my closet. They sit there for months and months. Every so once in a while I open that box and see what I have… All those clothes are probably saying “Oh Carli! Please pick me pick me! I want to be worn!” I feel so bad…
I got this sweater for the Rooney concert. I wanted to wear something that would keep my warm outside but not be too hot inside. It sufficed. Then I never wore it again. Never had the occasion I guess. 
BEFORE: Just an oversized sweatshirt that does absolutely nothing for your figure.
image

Plus it was a little tight on the neck…
image

image

Work area.
image

image

AFTER:
image

image

Now it is an extremely comfy over-sized cardigan style sweater!!!! It is so warm and perfect for the grab and go!
Happy Restyling!
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment