The Other Stuff.


The wedding was not the only thing I had going on this weekend. My Dad came in to town! He was the official wedding photographer. When he drove me up to Utah in February we had hardly had any time to explore Salt Lake together. We only got to go to Temple Square for roughly 30 minutes before it closed. My Dad didn’t get to stay too long this time either, but it was much longer then the couple hours we had in February.
 Friday I took him to down town Salt Lake, showed him my school, got some grub sandwiches and then went to Liberty Park to eat them. The weather was stunning, except for the heat… I am now a pansy when it comes to the heat. Ridiculous right?! We did have a great time. Of course Friday night and all day Saturday was dedicated to the wedding, but Sunday we were free to do as we pleased. I took my Dad out to Antelope Island so that he could experience the unusual beauty of the Salt Lake. We had a great time. The following are several pictures from the island.
image

image

So all along the shore were these little black rocks. When I got closer to them they started moving. It felt like I was parting the seas as I walked. They weren’t rocks. They were gnats. Bellow is a photograph that is intended to capture this sickness. I think  I succeeded.
image

The heat was like a dementor sucking the life out of our bodies. I got tired really quick, but I was enjoying the time with my Dad and the scenery. I particularly love how the mountains and clouds are reflected in the water, and how the road curves with the terrain. My dad taught me some photography techniques that will come in handy next time I photograph scenery.
image

image

The only thing that upset me was the fact that we didn’t see many buffalo. We saw a few but they were all far away….
Already missing my daddy.
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment