Labor Day & The Week That Followed


Monday was wonderful, just wonderful. Ashley and I woke up to Rooney “I Can’t Get Enough” breaking the silence of our humble abode. That song is my ring tone for when Courtney calls. I answered the phone to silence the sound but was once again greeted with enormous amounts of sound. Courtney was far past enthusiastic. It was 10:00. No one should be as vivacious at 10 am on Labor Day. Ashley and I stayed up way too late looking at pictures. After I talked to Courtney, both Ashley and I fell back asleep. We then woke up an hour later to prepare for our day.
We had a picnic! I made this bomb salsa. Courtney and Ben supplied bomb sandwich fixings, and Ashley contributed some very yummy cookies. Once we got to the park, laid out our blankets, and took in the wonderful day I came to a sad realization…. Last winter I promised myself that I would go on picnics all the time during the summer. That didn’t happen. I went on one once the summer began, and one at the end. I can probably fit a few more in before it gets too cold, but I am still very disappointed in myself.
image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Our picnic was fantastic. We ate, laughed, told stories, held a mini jam session, and made failed atempts at long boarding down a hill. Ok… Ben suceeded. I failed. THe best part was the weather. It wasn’t too hot, or too cold. It was just right.
If you haven’t picnicked before or just haven’t in a long long time… I suggest doing it now. Before the frost of winter creeps in. It is such a wonderful pass time.
image

Also… I have greeat news! I had to draw a picture of an egg for my drawing class. I was so terrified that I would have the worst drawing in the class. So I spent tons of time working on it. I was very unsatisfied with the way all my shading. It just looked like lines to me… That is not the great news… So the drawing turned out pretty good. I was proud of it, but still very terrified of the class critique. Well…. My egg was one of the best in the class! It was one of the only ones that my teacher said did not need to be fixed. I received many compliments. Suffice to say… I am very happy.
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment