Jam & Cookies

This weekend Courtney roped me into helping her & Ben make Jam. Pear Jam. Strawberry Jam. Concord Grape Jam. Not only were we making jam… but we were canning it so that in a few years we can eat this jam when the world is coming to an end. This jam will be a small treasure in a world of darkness. Ok… that was a joke. I doubt that the jam will last that long because we will be eating it. Maybe a couple months to a couple more months… but you never know…
image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Our jam tastes lovely. I didn’t get a chance to photo document the actually canning because it is quite dangerous and intense. Multiple people were burnt. If you have ever done any canning without an actually canning machine then you know what I am talking about. Well… maybe you don’t because you probably are much better and have a much less dangerous method of canning  down pat. We were inexperienced.
image

After that lovely (and when I say lovely I mean not very lovely) experience of making and then canning jam, we decided to celebrate our completion with a Papa Murphy’s pizza and a half dozen Ruby Snap cookies! 
image

I have talked about Ruby Snap before and I will talk about them many more times to come. They are so delicious!!!!! Guess what I just recently discovered!?! If you are not fortunate enough to live in the Salt Lake area you can order frozen cookie dough by the dozen and have it shipped directly to your homestead! I highly recommend doing so…
image

Do they not look divine?! If you don’t think so then you are definitely mental, because they are baked heaven. Each cookie has a pinup girl name such as Penelope (the peanut butter cookie dipped in chocolate on the far left), Judy (orange with orange cream cheese frosting second to the left), & Mavis (a chocolate dough that has a slight kick. I can’t remember what exactly is in it but it is glorious). The cookie in the middle with the fresh strawberry on top is the cookie of the month. It is a strawberry peach cobbler cookie with goat cheese frosting and fresh strawberry on top. 
Such a lovely weekend…
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment