Minor in creativity.


Tomorrow is my last day at home. Saturday morning I head up to Austin to spend some time with my family. Sunday is my last day in Texas. Sunday night I fly back to Utah. This winter break went by way too fast! It hadn't hit me that I start school on Monday until I got an email from one of my professors today. Part of me doesn't want to leave Texas and wants to stay here forever, but then the other part of me is excited to get back. Home is just too comfortable. I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything here. I feel so lazy and unproductive. I am excited to get back and start working on something again.
Today I was thinking a lot about my schooling. My major is Business Management with a focus in "I don't know yet". Two years ago, I would have never ever thought I'd major in business. I would have probably told you that business is BORING. These days, I'm still not truly excited about business, but I know that it will get me to where I want to be. While a minor has been on my mind, I wasn't ever really sure of what I wanted it to be. Then I realized how interested I am in graphic design. BYU doesn't have a graphic design minor, but the do have one in Advertising Design which is basically graphic design with a focus in advertising. Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of Mad Men lately, but that sounds really interesting and exciting to me! I've always been to envious of those art majors who get to create all the time. I'm excited to get to be trained in a creative aspect! I'm excited to learn new skills that will no doubt be beneficial to my future plans. I'm taking baby steps!

Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment