On Blogging.

This here blog is something that I have been really struggling with for the past four months. I thought that the sole reason why I haven't blogged much is that I just haven't been able to dedicate as much time to it as I would like, but I don't think that is completely it. Truthfully, I have time to blog. Very little time... but I do have time.

I have come across two problems. First off, I don't know what to blog about. I think I have gotten to the point that every blogger reaches. "In what direction do I want my blog to go?", "What topic(s) do I want to focus on?" It's not that I don't have ideas, because ideas is something that I have A LOT of. I guess it comes back to the time thing... I don't have time to create quality posts. Unlike during the summer,  I can't spend hours putting together a post anymore. I don't even have time to spend on doing a lot of my other hobbies. I painted once this semester. ONCE! Although, I take pictures on Instagram more than I should, I hardly ever get out my Nikon camera or my Holga. It's almost ridiculous how much I have slacked off on my hobbies... It also has to do with the fact that I am a broke college kid. I don't have the funds to do all the crafty things I want to do.

My second problem is that I haven't felt like blogging. This really bothers me. I love blogging. The whole process of creating my blog has been so beneficial to me. Why have I not wanted to blog? I think it comes back to the fact that I don't have the time or means to blog about the things I want to. My great ideas aren't being used.

So for a while I have been thinking about taking a big break. Just not even think about my blog until later. I have also thought a lot about putting the whole thing to rest. Then I think about all the time and effort I have already put into it. Although the economist in me would say "Sunk costs are irrelevant", I know that all the work I have done is not all for nothing. I have grown so much with this blog. I have BIG plans for this space.

The other night I got to Skype with one of my best friends Kaitlyn. She is so incredibly talented and I know that she is going to do amazing things. Every time we get to talk she pushes all those doubts that I have out of my mind and helps me to realize that all my dreams are within reach. Thanks Kait!

Looking back at the beginning of this blog, it's pretty clear that I had no idea what I was doing, but hey... we gotta start somewhere right?! Blogs are an amazing thing! I know that I don't have a lot of followers, but the fact that someone even wants to read what I have to say is an incredible feeling. This place is a home for my creativity, inspirations, and experiences. I love that. I am still not sure where I am going to take this blog. I don't know how long it will take me to figure that out. Maybe a month, maybe a year, maybe five years.... but I'll be here. I have BIG dreams, BIG plans, and a lot of work to do. So please bear with me until I figure this out.

Carli

P.S. Blog Inc. is a great book to read if your looking to start a blog or wanting to take your blog to the next level!

P.P.S. Freakonomics... Long story short: I decided to try and actually like economics. Since I hated the class so much, I am going to take matters into my own hands. I heard this book is really good. I'll let you know how that turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment