Hikes and such.

Today was my first day of school! Unfortunately, I came to the realization that this semester is going to be pretty tough. This semester is a huge turning point for me in my career path! I am taking prerequisite courses for the application to my major. Basically, I have to do extremely well in these classes to follow my dreams. Honestly, I don't have a plan B. If I don't get into the business school... I don't even want to think about it. BYU's business program is one of the best, which means it is also very competitive. I am just so nervous! With that being said... I have a little bad news. As much as I love blogging and sharing my life with you every day, it just isn't my biggest priority. Don't worry! I am not giving up blogging entirely! But I am going to slow it down a bit. I don't want to be worrying about creating blog posts when I should be focusing on school work. For at least a little while this blog will focus more on my daily life rather than creativity. It makes me sad that I won't be able to share very many (if any at all) DIY posts. I just don't have the time (or funds) to work on them. I might not get to post as often or as consistently. I would rather focus on quality rather than quantity. I hope you understand!
In other news... I hiked a mountain today. There is a mountain behind BYU, that is beautiful. On that mountain there is a large "Y" that you can see for miles. It is a really big thing here to "Hike the Y". So today I did it. Let me tell you... it was not easy. The hike was a little over a mile I think, but it was very steep. When I say very steep, I mean to say, incredibly steep. Steep mountains combined with the thinning air made it seem impossible. It took me a long time to make it, but with a lot of encouragement from new friends, I finally made it! Let me tell you, the view was incredible. The picture above, taken on my iPhone, does not do it justice. We sat up there for a few minutes and I couldn't help but think about how this relates to life. Sometimes life seems impossible. Sometimes you stand at the bottom of a very steep mountain. Sometimes you can't see how far you are from the top. Sometimes you fall. Sometimes you think it might be better to just turn around and go back down. But, sometimes you get this little burst of energy, a little encouragement from a friend, a little push, and you make it. Then you look back down that mountain and see how far you have come. All that work you did to get where you are seems like nothing, because from the bottom there wasn't anything but a mountain in front of you, but from the top you can see everything, and it's worth it. As hard as that hike was, I now am more focused than ever. I know that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I just hiked a mountain! I can definitely make it into business school!!!

Carli

P.S. I still can't find the cord that connects my camera to my laptop... I have so many awesome pictures to share! :( I guess it will be Instagram photos for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I love mountain climbing. I'm always injured so I don't do it much (plus mountains in Australia are more like really big hills - I like to think the absurd heat down under makes up for the lost effort though) :P but when I do manage to go for a hike, it's always absolutely breathtaking. When I get back to the bottom again I look up at the mountain and wonder how I managed to get through all of those things, like you've said. It's a truly amazing sense of accomplishment, good work!! :D

    Hope uni goes well for you, Carli! It's hard to stay focussed for such a long time but we'll all be barracking for you I'm sure :) Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I bet hiking in Australia is amazing! Someday I will do that.Thanks for the support! I will definitely need all the luck I can get!

      Carli

      Delete