Television

Within the past two years I have discovered that there are actually really good shows on television. Before that I was stuck watching Animal Planet and Grey's Anatomy reruns with my mom. After I discovered The Office, about 6 seasons late, and fell in love with it's humor I realized that the TV world is way more appealing than I thought. I then proceeded to make lists of shows that I wanted to watch. I wasn't really aware that Netflix was a TV thing so I never got to watch anything I wanted to. I have a rule when it comes to just about everything that has a beginning. It is "Thou shalt always start from the beginning, never the middle, never the end." This may even be my motto. I hate not knowing what has happened before because you miss so much! What I am trying to say is that I am still really behind on my TV shows. I have started watching them on Hulu which I love. I have noticed that people either love it or hate it. On Monday I got Netflix and I am not sure how I feel about it yet.
Pros:
No commercials.
A lot of my favorite shows are on there.
Cons:
It mostly just a bunch of crap movies and shows.

I spent a long time sifting through it trying to find the gems. Here's what I found.

Shows that I have seen and love:
This show is the best. Ever. Fact: My best friends uncle's cousin is Jason Bateman. They played together as kids. I almost feel related to fame.
Ok so the thing is... Outsourced was first and indie film (on Netflix) then a TV show (not on Netflix but on Hulu). In my opinion the TV show is better than the movie, but they are both good. I love Gupta.
Enough said.
Pan Am is not on Netflix or Hulu, and it was cancelled. I was so upset. First of all, it was such an amazing show. The characters are so dynamic. I now have this dream of being a flight attendant. I loved the style, music, adventures, and the history too. I love movies and show that include real history. I basically freaked out after watching the season finale with that cliffhanger! And when I found out that I would never know if Teddy and Laura would ever be together (stupid pregnant ex-fiance) I was devistated. Is anyone else as upset as I?
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favorites. It's a whimsical murder mystery with a twist. "I would kiss you if it wouldn't kill me." This show was cancelled as well, and it's not on Netflix or Hulu.... but I highly suggest finding it and watching it.

Shows I want to see:
Last week I watched the first episode at a friends house and now I want to see more.
I have a friend that quotes this daily.
Said friend quotes this daily too.

This is not a completed list. I feel like there is too many to list in one sitting.
If you have a favorite show I would love to hear about it! What do you like/dislike about Netflix/Hulu? Have any questions about my favorite shows? Or just want to talk about them?
 I know that there are a lot of things I should be doing instead of watching TV all day... but what can you do?
Carli





6 comments:

  1. Arrested Development was my all time favorite show to watch years ago! I wish they would bring it back for a never ending amount of time. Also, to comment below Florence + The Machine is pretty rad. I figured I'd make a two in one comment. Haha :P Great stumbling onto your blog!
    Steph x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that they are filming one more season and then going to do a movie? I am pretty excited.

      Delete
  2. Arrested Development and Community have to be some of my favourites. Mad Men is one of those things I've been meaning to watch but am yet to do. I should really get onto that! :D Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thumbs up for Arrested Development! OH YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Pan Am was cancelled? That is very upsetting. And a little surprising, right? If it weren't for you I probably would have spent all next season waiting for it to begin. I can't believe it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That show was so good! I have no idea why they would cancel it. :(

      Delete