Texas Love: Beach

One thing I love about Texas is that it has a little bit of everything. It's like a melting pot of terrain. Seriously. We have everything! A little beach, a little hill country, a few mountains, a lot of desert, a little forest...
I grew up next to the beach and I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have missed the salty air and the sound of crashing waves. I have spent a lot of time on the beach in my life. There is nothing like swimming in the surf, laying on my beach towel and reading a good book, eating pizza and drinking chocolate milk in the sand, or sitting around a fire with friends. Actually I have had a lot of epiphanies on the beach. Before all of my closest friends and I all moved away to chase our dreams we spent a lot of time on the beach at night talking about who we wanted to be and what we want to do. We made a lot of goals and plans and it is really wonderful to see all of us in different places in the world making that happen. It all started on the beach and hopefully we will come back someday and sit on that same beach and reminisce about the "good ole days".







 I have never been so pale in my life. I definitely need to spend this summer soaking up the sun.
 My friend caught this little fish in his net and it got stuck. We couldn't get him out. The poor little guy died. It was terrible.








 It really was the perfect day. Not too hot. Not too windy. Great friends. The only downside was that the surf was dead, but because there were no waves the water was so clear and we got to see a sea turtle and a lot more wildlife. When the sun went down we had a bonfire and ate yummy s'mores. I hope to have a lot more beach days this summer.

Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment