Collections: Vintage Brooches

I have always been a collector of things. In my childhood I had an extensive collection of rocks and stuffed animals. I literally had more stuffed animals then I had real life friends... I know. That may not be saying much, but in elementary school I was very popular. I don't know what happened after that. Anyways, since my childhood I have given up on my rock and stuffed animal collections and have turned to sweater vests (yes) and vintage brooches! A lot of my brooches came from my mother and grandmothers and a few from thrift stores. I have so many! I don't get to wear them as much as I'd like and I feel sad that they sit in jewelry boxes all the time (I have 3 jewelry boxes just for my brooches...) so I though it would be nice to take them out and share!

I did a little research just now and found out that this pin probably came from the 1940's! It's a little rusty but I think that gives it character and charm. I love to wear it on my favorite red sweater vest (see picture bellow). It's funny because when I wear it people will come up to me and say "Yeah, you are cute!" Except it's usually sweet old ladies and sometimes old men... 
Do you collect anything?

Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment