Pumpkin Pie Sunday.

I did not leave the house today. I stayed in my pj’s all the day long. It was so wonderful. I realized today that I have not had a pj day in like 6 months. There has not been one day where I haven’t had to do something. 
Heres what I did. Cooked me a yummy breakfast, watched General Conference, caught up on my reading, did some studying for my BOM test, had Courtney and Ben over for pumpkin pie shakes and crafts. They have since left. 
I needed today. Very much so. 
Ok! So the pumpkin pie shakes!!!! 
So my mother and I have had this thing with pumpkin pie shakes for like the longest time. 
There is this diner in Albuquerque that my family goes to on our yearly trip to the Balloon Fiesta. Route 66 Diner is the name and I must say that it is amazing! They have the bombest pumpkin pie milkshakes! Well, i don’t know if they are the best because I have never had one any where else, but I am just assuming because they are heavenly. So I saw this recipe online for a pumpkin pie milkshake and I decided to test it out to see if I could create that heavenly milk shake that I only get to have once a year (in fact it has been several years.) So yesterday I made the pie and today I made the shake. THis is how it is made…
1. Make a pumpkin pie. I got a frozen pie crust & used the canned pumpkin pie filling. I am not at all a good cook so I thought that would be the safest bet. If you are an awesome baker then I suggest using your favorite pumpkin pie recipe. 
2. Let the pie cool overnight or for a couple hours in the fridge.
3. If you are serving only yourself then cut one slice of pie and put it in the blender. Add 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, and 1 1/2 cups of milk. 
4. Blend it!!!
5. I put it in a canning jar and put a dollop of whipping cream on top. 
6. Enjoy!!!! 
image
(the picture is bad… My camera ran out of battery so I used a phone Sorry…)
If you are serving more then yourself just double the recipe.
Here’s another wonderful trick I learned. If you have a lot of pumpkin pie filling left over you can make pumpkin pudding! All you have to do is put it in a pot on the stove on medium and stir constantly. It takes about 10 min or until the consistency is as thick as pudding.
This Wednesday I am flying down to Albuquerque to meet my dad at the Balloon Fiesta. I am excited to go get a pumpkin pie shake at Route 66 Diner. I am hoping that it is much batter then mine so that it is still special…. I’ll let you know how it goes…
Carli 

No comments:

Post a Comment