Funny Story.


Once I realized that it was leap day I really wanted to do something exciting and memorable. After a long day of exams, class, and not that good taco salads… 
So I am driving home from school and am talking to my dear mother about how ridiculous one of my classes has turned out the be when I see this HUGE storm cloud heading right for me. It was already a windy day… but when this storm cloud hit… it became Windnesday (get it? Wednesday+Wind= Windnesday. Aren’t I so clever? Actually I am not. Somebody texted that to me…) There was debris flying everywhere!!!! I never realized how much trash had been lying around the streets of West Valley until I saw it all in the air. There were people running down the streets like mad men hoping that they wouldn’t fly away. I was kinda hoping that I would see someone get swept up by a gust of wind and fly home (of course I didn’t want them to get hurt). So I am driving down this street and all of a sudden this huge piece of cardboard comes out of nowhere and slams against the passenger side of my car and just stays there. The wind was holding it to my car! It was insane. It finally flew off when I made a turn. I watched it tumble through the air like a plastic bag probably to hit some unfortunate walker.
That was incident number one…
Then as I finally reach my house I quickly gather my belongings and begin my trek into the house. As I am running like a hooligan down the sidewalk the recycling bin falls over and literally chases me! I had to dodge the thing! I could have possibly been inured if it weren’t for my cat like skills…
That was incident number two…
Just now as I was writing incident number one something very strange happened. I thought that I should include it in this leap day post. I live in a basement apartment. The basement entrance is a door and then a staircase to the main floor of the house. That door wasn’t closed all the way. It was cracked. All of a sudden the door starts moving. An inch open and inch closed. Really fast. I stopped typing and stared at it for the 10 seconds that is happened. Oooh ooh ooooh (sung creepily). 
All I am saying is that, although I didn’t end up going to a movie and to dinner like I wanted to so that my leap day would be memorable…. It was memorable in it’s own way. It was nice to stay inside on this cold snowy evening and catch up on all my TV shows (thank you Hulu!).
Happy Leap Day!
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment