Friends in town.





I am so excited to have one of my all time best buddies in town! Last night we had an amazing time reminiscing and catching up on each others lives. It was way overdue. 
Although I had to be up for work at 6:15 AM I stayed up way past my bed time and talked into the night. Courtney, Kaitlyn, and I got to Skype with Andy and it felt like we were all together again! It’s gotten me to thinking about all the amazing times we have had. Like the long hot days on the beach basking in the sun, jamming out, and drinking our preferred beverages. Back then we would talk about the impending changes that we were about to face head on. Kait moving to Hawaii, Andy to Italy, Courtney to Utah, and me staying put for a little while. But I later got my self up to Utah. We had tons of plans and ideas about where we were going, what would happen to us, and who we would become. A lot of things changed. But for the good. It seems that everyone is happy, and I couldn’t be happier about it. 
Today Kait and I went to Liberty park, snacked on some chips, drank some beverages, and talked about life. I had a wonderful time. Plus I got to wear my new sun hat which I have been itching to wear! (see the above picture) It was such a beautiful day. The sun shining, birds chirping, and little baby ducks were following their mommies around. So cute!
Later we went to the Salt Lake City Library and took pictures of Courtney and Ben. We even saw a real beehive! Cool. You can walk onto the roof and look over the city. There is a walkway that wraps around part of the building and at the end (or was it the beginning) of the walkway there was a phrase written on the steps. It says “The begging. The End.” Depending on the way you were facing you were either finishing your journey or starting it. I thought that was cool, and very relevant to what I’ve been thinking about lately. I may come to an end of a part of my life but then I can just turn back around and start a completely different journey that takes me in a completely different direction.
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment