Advice Taken: Closet Purge

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I read really awesome advice from really amazing bloggers but have never taken that advice and applied it. Same with crafts. Sometimes said advice comes at the wrong time (doesn't apply to me at the moment). Sometimes I just forget about it. That frustrates me because bloggers spend so much time planning, creating, writing, and photographing for posts and I don't take advantage of the help they offer. This afternoon I read THIS post from A Beautiful Mess. Elsie talks about how she successfully purged her closet. As I read this I couldn't help but laugh. This couldn't have come at a better time. All summer I have been staring at that cluttered closet of mine worried about the day that I will have to clean it out and pack for my move. It just so happens that today is the day I planned on starting that process. This morning I stood in front of my closet and thought "Where do I start?". After reading Elsie's advice I have a clearer picture of what exactly I want need to do.

The problem: In less than two weeks I am moving back across the country for school. I'll be living in a very small apartment with five other girls. Suffice to say, space is limited. Therefore, I need to clear out the clutter bring only the things I really need.

Goals:
-> Downsize my wardrobe. I have so many clothes that don't fit, don't flatter, or aren't my style anymore.
-> Get rid of unnecessary items.
-> Store all the things I want but don't need now in the attic.
-> Organize.

For Elsie this process took 6 months. I only have ten days.... Let's hope I can do this right.

Carli

(Image c/o A Beautiful Mess)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! I also read the post and found it inspiring- hope I can hold onto that feeling and do some good work this week on my closet!

    ReplyDelete