In My Head.

All of my good friends know this story…
When I was in 5th grade my class was going on a field trip. I was so extremely excited that I couldn’t sleep the night before. I tossed and turned all through the night wishing the time would go by faster. Since I was a child this weird thing always happens to me when I am in the in between stage of being awake and asleep. There are different things that happen and let me tell you… they are impossible to explain. But on this night my mind told me that I had to get out of bed and fit my body into a tiny little imaginary box. I knew that this was impossible. There was no way I could fit my body into a tiny box. But the thought kept haunting me. I felt as if it was a life or death situation. I then proceeded to get out of bed to try it. As soon as I stood up I realized it was impossible and got into bed. I got in and out of several times actually kneeling on the floor and curling up my body before I finally was able to get the thought out of my mind and fall asleep. 
I find this completely hilarious… and so do all the people I have told. Except my mom. She didn’t think it was funny. But, I think of how funny it would be to have a video tape of me getting in and out of bed only to try and fit my body into a non existent tiny box. Think of how many youtube hit that would get! Am I right?!
The following is a list of other symptoms…
I see bubbles in my mind. They float by and this calms me. THEN! all of a sudden they start popping. This freaks me out. When I was a kid I would cry about it, when I got older I just pushed it out of my mind but it is still uncomfortable.
The same thing happened with lines. They would be smooth lines, and then they would go crazy.
This one still happens every so often. When I am lying in bed and just thinking about things all of a sudden all the things I think about seem to be way larger then they really are. Like if I am thinking about school or writing notes or something, my pencil seems to be way huge and I freak out because I cannot use a pencil the size of my body.
I know… It is strange.
Actually most my life I truly believed that it was normal. Then I told some people and they let me know that it isn’t normal. I am not worried about it. It no longer scares me. I feel like it is a part of my life. I am used to it. Plus, it is a very funny story to tell. Especially when I am able to do the actions. People seriously roll on the floor laughing. I would just like to know if there is anyone out there in the world that can relate. 
I have tried researching it but I have come to no avail. Actually… if you want to get a good laugh google the following phrases.
“When I try to sleep I see bubbles popping and it scares me”
“When I try to sleep I am forced to try to put my body in a small imaginary box.”
“When I try to sleep weird things happen in my mind such as bubbles popping, lines going crazy, and things seeming bigger then they are.”
Ashley and I just looked this stuff up and it was extremely funny. I didn’t know that breast replacements relate to mental cray cray insomnia. 
If you can relate to, or know of anyone who can relate to, or know what is possibly going on inside my head when I experience mental cray cray insomnia then please, oh please so kindly let me know. 
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment