Being Positive.


A couple weeks ago I was texting a friend. We were talking about our lives at the moment and how we have been a little bored with them. A little depressed. Tired.
I was tired of the same old same old routine. Work then school then homework then sleep. Then the next day it starts again. I have been upset because I haven’t had the energy to do anything that I have wanted to do. I didn’t have the energy to put forth the time and effort it would take to excel in my college courses. I was sad because I haven’t been able to really experience the “college life” because I was too busy being an adult and supporting myself. 
Today I was fired from my job. They needed someone who could work full time. I cannot because I have school.
At first I was heart broken. I hardly slept at all last night. I felt nauseous all day today. I really enjoyed that job, the people, and the experience. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had working there. I have learned so much.
Then after freaking about about how I was going to pay my bills… I realized something.
A couple of weeks ago I was begging for some sort of relief. I have been yearning for that job to end so that I could get on with my life. 
This is my opportunity! Although this will take away my entire savings for studying abroad next year in London, I am not going to worry about finding a job. Especially one that will stress me out. 
I am going to work really hard to ace my classes. I am going to finish all the projects that I have been wanting to finish. Spend more time working on my Etsy shop. Sleep in on a Monday for the first time in a year. I am going to take advantage of this opportunity.
While it is terrible that I lost the most safe and stable part of my life. I am going to embrace it. Bigger and better things are on their way for me. 
Being positive.
Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment